POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : zRCube (POV Clone) : Re: zRCube (POV Clone) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:08:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: zRCube (POV Clone)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 31 May 2001 05:07:50
Message: <3b1609e6@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote in message

> Gail Shaw wrote:
> >
> > afaik 'Real' radiosity requires triangle meshes. That means for pov to
> > implement it, every object would need to be tesselated (Converted to
> > triangles). Easy enough for boxes, imagine tesselating a julia fractal
> > or a complex isosurface...
> >

> Not to mention a sphere...

A reasonable approximation of a sphere isn't hard. A sphere's geometry
is well defined. The problem I can see with isos expecially is that they
don't
have a well defined geometry and can look like anything.

I don't even want to think about writing code to tesselate any isosurface.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.        Babylon 5   *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *